KIRKLAND, Wash., Dec. 1, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — In November the 3in4 Association added seven new members to its advisory board, and received increased support from two insurance carriers: John Hancock, an existing member of the organization, and Genworth, which provided sponsorship of a meaningful consumer study. “We’re gaining momentum,” says Mark Goldberg, Treasurer of the association that runs the “3 in 4 Need More” campaign.
The goal of the campaign is to warn Americans about a looming problem. “The majority will be affected at some point by long-term care needs of themselves or a close family member,” says Goldberg. “Yet few are prepared for this.” The campaign is letting them know so they can avoid a financial and personal crisis. “Our new board members and the new carrier support will add to our ability to do this.”
The new carrier support includes:
* A study sponsored by Genworth. Released in November, the study found that most adults believe that long-term care insurance should be purchased between the ages of 45-64, yet 82 percent of this age group has not purchased a policy. The study also found that since the 2008 financial crisis, only 20 percent of adults have taken any action on their financial strategy.
* Marketing support by John Hancock. The company applied the “3 in 4″ logo to its newly created education materials supplied to its network of LTC agents in honor of LTC Awareness Month.
The 3in4 Association’s advisory board has been expanded from 14 to 21. The seven new members are:
* Joseph Pulitano, President, Advanced Resources Marketing;
* Bill Herring, President, Online Insurance Services, LLC;
* Steve Dozier, President, AIMS Benefit Solutions;
* Mark Leighton, Chief Operating Officer, Connect America;
* Chris Orestis, Co-Founder and President, Life Care Funding Group;
* Carol Gardner, President of LifeStyle Insurance Services;
* Barry Eldridge, President of ICBLTC.
To take advantage of the “3 in 4 Need More” campaign, LTC agencies, brokers, agents, and advisors may use a number of resources found at http://www.3in4needmore.com .
About the 3in4 Association:
The “3 in 4 Need More” campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of long-term care planning. The campaign utilizes multiple marketing strategies to increase awareness. The “3 in 4 Need More” campaign is a public service of the 3in4 Association, which operates as a nonprofit 501(C)(6)corporation. Members of the campaign cross all industries, genders and ages. The campaign supports an online platform located at www.3in4needmore.com . This resource supports consumer plan development, and products and services that should be considered in long-term care planning. The platform also provides awareness support for long-term care planning specialists.