SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sept. 23, 2015 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants, a retail property, casualty insurance brokerage and employee benefits consultant, announced today that its Vice President of Transportation & Logistics Risk Control Michael Nischan will present at the Sixth Annual Commercial Motor Vehicle Collision – How to Protect Your Company seminar.
The seminar is on Tuesday, October 6, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:35 p.m. at the Georgia International Convention Center in Atlanta. EPIC will co-sponsor the one-of-a-kind seminar that Nischan co-founded to educate and promote commercial motor vehicle safety.
The free, interactive program will include sessions on:
* A 90-minute interactive mock crash scene investigation with members of the Georgia State Patrol’s Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team (SCRT) and Georgia Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD).
* The latest on-board technology: What’s available and how it can help (or hurt) you.
* An interactive pre-trip inspection of a modern tractor-trailer.
* The independent medical examination (IME), a live demonstration by a Board-certified orthopedic surgeon.
* The latest issues and trends affecting the trucking industry and its insurers.
* Other sponsors include: Custard Insurance Adjusters, Inc., Ferguson Frost Moore & Young, Gallagher Sharp, Georgia Motor Trucking Association and Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP.
Click here to download the full agenda (PDF):
Click here to register:
About the Presenter, Michael Nischan, CDS, CCSP, Vice President of Transportation & Logistics Risk Control, EPIC:
Michael Nischan is responsible for the transportation risk control practice of EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants, working out of the Southeast Region office in Atlanta. With more than 20 years of experience in law enforcement, private industry management and consulting, he has a genuine understanding of what it takes to operate a fleet safely and profitably. He helps motor carriers achieve and exceed regulatory requirements, develops management and training programs, implements operational controls to enhance efficiency and educates all members of an organization on compliance and security measures.
Nischan is an instructor with the North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI) and provides professional training courses on behalf of the Georgia Motor Trucking Association (GMTA). He is the only Certified Cargo Security Professional (CCSP) employed by an insurance or risk management firm in Georgia and is active in the battle against cargo and equipment theft. Michael is a member of numerous organizations, including the GMTA and the Southeastern Transportation Security Council (SETSC). He is a graduate of Lenoir-Rhyne College.
Headquartered in San Francisco, EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants has nationwide presence with a depth of industry expertise across key lines of insurance, including commercial property and casualty, employee benefits, unique specialty program insurance, and private client services. Since its founding in 2007, EPIC has grown revenue from $12 million to and estimated run rate of $200 million through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions, and remains a fixture on the insurance industry’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Its strategic partners include private equity firms The Carlyle Group and Stone Point Capital.
To learn more, visit http://www.epicbrokers.com/.
* PHOTO for media: Send2Press.com/mediaboom/15-0923-nischan-300dpi.jpg
* LOGO: Send2Press.com/mediaboom/15-0904-epic-brokers-300dpi.jpg
To view the original version on Send2Press Newswire, visit: https://www.send2press.com/newswire/epics-michael-nischan-to-speak-at-the-sixth-annual-commercial-motor-vehicle-collision-how-to-protect-your-company-seminar-2015-0923-01.shtml.
NEWS SOURCE EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source (who is solely responsible for its accuracy) by and Copr. © 2015 Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®.